1)What the aspect of child development has evolved, according to John Bowlby?
emotional bond between infant and caregiver
ability to move independently
desire to be a mother
Skinner, development is the result of:
continuous shaping process
qualitative reorganization of behavior
of ‘conditioning’ did Watson experiment with?
conditioning aims to condition what kind of behavior?
thoughts and feelings
terms, what does a cognitive developmental psychologist try to reconstruct?
child actually does
child says about what they do
6)Which stage is profoundly different from the others
in the character of its schemas?
7)What is the central outcome of sensory-motor
construction of knowledge of reality
construction of material artifacts
construction of schemas
construction of equilibration
8)At which age would a child be
categorized as preoperational according to Piaget?
a)2 – 7 years
b)5 – 7 years
c)7 – 11 years
d)None of these
9)According to Adler, which of the following is not one of the primary
goals of children's misbehavior?
10)A self-esteem curriculum, honor societies, free breakfasts and lunches,
and cooperative learning groups are applications of:
a)Roger’s humanistic classroom
b)Freud's theory of
11)________ are the basic biological units that transmit characteristics
from one generation to the next:
12)Primary school children will learn most
effectively in an atmosphere:
their emotional needs are met and they feel that they are valued
the teacher is authoritative and clearly dictates what should be done
the focus and stress are only on mastering primarily cognitive skills of
reading, writing and mathematics
the teacher leads all the learning and expects students to play a passive role
of the following is a sensitive period pertaining to language development?
b)Middle childhood period
d)Early childhood period
one of the following is best suited for emotional development of children?
involvement of the teachers as it is the task of the parents
15) Giving punishment, verbal or
non-verbal, to the children results in:
them to work
the child's image
16) Which one out of the following
provides information about the roles and behaviors which are acceptable in a
group, during early childhood period?
17) Which of the following age groups
falls under later childhood category?
to 18 years
to 24 years
to 6 years
to 11 years
18) "Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but
to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for
the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not easy." This is
19) Which of the following stages are
involved when infants "THINK" with their eyes, ears and hands?
20) A child starts to cry when his
grandmother takes him from his mother's lap. The child cries due to:
21) “Self – based evaluation on
reflection or social comparison” is:
22) Role recording is the refined version
23) Who has given the ‘functional theory’
of social stratification?
24) According to Freudian understanding,
thoughts or motives that a person is currently aware of or is remembering is
25) Change or stability in mental
activities such as learning, attention, memory, language, thinking, reasoning
and creativity is:
26) “Degree of consciousness about
thinking, feelings and actions” is:
27) ‘Evaluation of self – based on
reflection or social comparison’ is known as:
28) __________ propounds that childhood
experiences influence the adult behavior
29) Maslow in his triangle of human needs
new tasks is the basic human need
always motivates workers
and security is a low order human need
will not give their best unless they have good social events provided
30) Psychoanalytic theory about human
personality was proposed by:
31) Which one refers to the actual
behavior that the individual engages in while enacting the role?
at a role
32) A woman executive presides over a
management board meeting, picks up her daughter from her school, and goes to
play a game of bridge in the ladies club. She is manifesting:
style of life
33) Ego experiences role conflict at two
his own body of roles and between his own roles and those of other actors
his own group and with outside group
himself and with outsiders
the roles of his family and with roles outside his family
34) Behavioral changes which occur on the
basis of physiological developments rather than learning and which appear in
virtually all members of species are the result of:
35) To trace the course of mental growth in an
individual or the race is the problem of:
36) There is an evidence of a hereditary
component in development of the mental illness known as:
37) At what age a child takes his first
step in walking?
to 6 years
to 12 years
to 5 years
38) Maturation changes occur in a fairly
predictable sequence and continue until:
39) The concept of “a personality
nucleus” was given by:
40) A child is born with some:
41) The child becomes socialized:
42) What is the determinant of the scope
of socialization of a child?
43) Individual differences are found in:
44) What is the result of emotional
immaturity in the child?
45) What is the impact of other members
of the family besides the parents, on the socialization of the child?
46) How do brothers and sisters affect
the socialization of the child?
47) What does the youngest child receive
all from the parents?
48) Applied aspects of social psychology
include the development and perfection of techniques for measuring:
a and b
49) The educational psychologist advises
a school board on: