1. Which legal body has the power to enforce the fundamental rights in India?
a) Parliament of India
b) Supreme Court of India
c) Human Right Commission
d) Ministry of Home affairs
Answer- Supreme Court of India
2. Who was the first professor of social administration appointed in the Landon school of Economics?
a) Richard Titmus
Answer- Richard Titmus
3. In social case work interview is an important?
Answer – Method
4. Which of the following is form of research typically conducted by teacher, counsellor and other professi onal to answer the questions and to solve local problems?
a) Action Research
b) Basic Research
c) Pure Research
d) orientation Research
Answer – Action Research
5. The first legislation for social security I India was concerned with the >
a) Workmen compensations
b) Provident Fund to employee
c) Maternity Benefit
Answer –Workmen Compensation
6. Who among the following has given the structural view of the society ?
7. The relations exist between a type of write and a type of desk ban be called ?
Answer- C- Physical
8. Who among the following has given functional view of Society ?
b) August Compte
9. Who among the following said “Man is a social animal “
10. The social order is maintained largely by
a) Division of labour
11. ___________ is the means of cultural transmission
12. Abbreviation of CAPART
a) Council for advance for people actions and rural technology
b) Council for advance for people association and rural technology
c) Advancement of people association and rural transformation
d) Council of additional people association and rural technology
Answer – A – Council for advance for people actions and rural technology.
13. Community organizer,ecourge and provide direction and guidance to proceed in carrying out the different activities as an
d) Resource Mobilizer
Answer – B-Advocator
14. Who has compared society with an organism
15. Pick the correct order of the stages in the development
a) Repression, denial, projection, isolation, regression.
b) Oral ,anal phallic ,latency , genital
c) Birth , Child , adult , die
d) Phallic , oral ,latency ,genital .
e) Answer B - Oral ,anal phallic ,latency , genital
16. What is an example of regression?
a) Feeling of an ex- husband
b) Denying something ever took place
c) Returning to the earlier age to cope with the situation
d) Telling the truth
Answer – C -Telling the truth
17. Evaluation is self-based on reflection or social comparison is known as :
a) Self esteem
d) Self confidence
Answer – A –Self esteem
18. The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act come into force in the year:
Answer – D- 2005
19. Historically social policy relates to
a) Intervention and social redistribute type
b) Socially regulatory kind
c) Socially right kind
d) All the above
Answer – D- ALL the above
20. Who is considered as water Gandhi in India ?
a) Sundarlal Bahuguna
b) Rajendra Sing
c) Ana Hajare
d) Baba Amte
Answer – B- Rajendera Singh
21. Who identify the elit and popular social action?
b) M.G Roass
d) Antonio Gramsci
22. Which one of the following was lunched with the objective of helping the poor?
23. What are the objective of social policy?
a) Social change
b) Social Integration
c) Improvement of quality life
d) All the above
Answer- D-All the above
24. Social Justice is balance between :
a) Individual right and social control
b) Society and Individuals
c) Fundamental right and judicial system
d) Individual and family
Answer - 3- Individual right and social control.
25. Which of the following is not the component of agency administration
a) The chief executive
b) The staff
c) The donor agencies
d) The beneficiaries
26. HIV Counseling VCTC referrer to:-
a) Volunteer Condom use training center.
b) Volunteer Counselling and testing center
c) Volunteer center for training and care
d) Volunteer care and treatment center
Answer – B- Volunteer Counselling and testing center
27. The concept of personality nucleus was given by :-
Answer – C-Shirley
28. Social policy is concerned with :
a) Intervention of government and other organization to meet human needs
b) Industrial development
c) Political development
d) Economic Development
Answer –A- Intervention of government and other organization to meet human needs
29. Social Problem are treated with social reform and ______
a) Social legislation
b) Social Work
c) Social Science
d) Social service
Answer –A-Social legislation
30. Forcing thought to remain unconscious in order to remain anxiety that would result if there were conscious is the definition of which Freudian defense mechanism ?
Answer – D –Projection
31. Which of the following estimates the national income in India?
a) Central Statistical organization
b) National income committee
c) Planning commission of India
d) Reserve Bank of India
Answer – A- Central Statistical organization
32. According to _________theory a social movement will be more likely to succeed in createing social change if it can rise funds and attract organize members and build effective alliance with other groups .
a) Resources mobilization
b) Structural contrariness
d) Structural adjustment
Answer –Resources Mobilization
33. Identify the correct sequence of the social movement .
a) Cooperative movement 1. 1909
b) Chipko Movement 2. 1973
c) Brahmo Samaj 3. 1828
d) Narmada Bachao Andolan 4. 1989
b. C-1,b-2, a-3, 4-d
c. D-1,a-2, b-3,c-4
d. D-1, b-2, c-3, d-4
Answer A- A-1,b-2,c-3,d-4
34. The root of PRA Techniques can be trace to the method of the adult education method of
a) Antonio Gramci
b) Paulo Faire
c) Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer – B-Paulo Faire
35. The functional theories examined the precondition of social movement ___________ was especially concerned with the structural strain found in society as an initial condition of social movement
a) Neil Smelser
b) Charles Tilly
c) Sidney Torrow
d) Karl Max
Answer – Neil Smelser
36. There are a number of conditions that increase participation in social movement which of the following condition involves the active framing of relevant issues.
a) Mobilizing the people
b) Justifying the movement
c) Framing the strategies
d) Optimum utilization of medias
Answer –B- Justifying the movement
38. _______ is the father of sociology.
a) August Comte
Answer – A –August Comte
39. Who has described “ Society is a web of relationship”
Answer –D- Maclever
40. Which of the following is not the techniques of social case work?
41. Social Policy issues deals with the issues such as?
c) Poor housing
d) All the above
Answer – D –All the above
42. According to the supreme court of India, social justice is
a) Living concept of the revolutionary impact
b) Judicial Mechanism
c) Social control measures
d) Social Defense
Answer –A- Living concept of the revolutionary impact
43. Who has described society as a moral community?
a) Email Durkheim
b) August Compte
c) C.H Cooley
Answer –A- Email Durkheim
44. Which of the following statement is false in describing high achievement motive?
a) They consistently get better grade in each chosen course.
b) They have desire to start a new business.
c) Thy try hard if they do poorly
d) They return to incomplete task
e) Answer –A- They consistently get better grade in each chosen course.
45. The book of “Indian economic policy preparing for twenty-first century is written by :
a) Biman Jalan
b) Y.V Reddy
d) Monmohan Singh
e) Answer –A- Biman Jalan
46. Social policy is a part of
a) Public policy
b) Economic Policy
c) Politcal policy
d) Religions Policy
Answer –A- Public Policy
47. The social security measures adopted in ancient India by :
c) Samudra Gupta
d) King Ashoka
Answer –C-Samudra Gupta
48. The Central Social Welfare Board was established in the year-
49. National Rural Development is situated at:-
50. According to Sigmund Freud the superego:-
a) The source of psyche motivation such as sex and aggression
b) It is developed in the anal stage
c) Represent rationality and reality
d) Responsible for gender identity and sexual orientation